Why join the New Product Development Engineering team at Victory Innovations?
Demand for our products — the world’s first professional cordless electrostatic sprayers — has never been higher. We are proud to be a thriving essential business.
As the Senior Test Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and performing tests and test methods that ensure performance, reliability, quality and functionality of our existing and new products. Your focus will be primarily in a New Product Development context and will be heavily involved in designing and building testing capabilities, acquiring equipment, setting up a full in-house lab, creating processes and performing testing per common lab standards. It will involve all phases of the product lifecycle, from prototype to early mass production testing and validation.
This role will provide you the opportunity to work cross-functionally and collaborate across multiple disciplines in a fast-growing team. You will get to use your technical background and expertise to setup and manage lab operations with other internal and external resources to test and validate new designs and solve technical problems with proper root cause analysis tools on existing products.
What can you expect to do as a Senior Test Engineer at Victory Innovations?
- Design, acquire and build a full in-house test lab, primarily focusing on performance, reliability and efficacy of our products
- Create test methods, define test procedures for standardized and repeatable testing outcomes, utilizing standard mechanical, flow, pressure and electrical testing, but also using/creating non-standards testing capabilities
- Perform a wide variety of testing on Victory and competitor products across the entire product lifecycle
- Evaluate test results and help our cross-functional teams to increase efficacy and efficiency of our products and enhance product/user interaction
- Build and maintain a lab operation with all needed safety, asset management and calibration processes in place
- Work with external test labs and providers for specialty tasks
- Create new methods and standards to validate performance and reliability of products in the lab but also in a real-world environment
- Build a claims substantiation database based on ongoing results, improvements and findings
- Partake in design reviews with project engineers, designers and marketing personnel
- Build and setup a test protocol/report system in our PDM software, using known documentation standards
- Work with cross-functional teams (Product Development, Test Lab, Marketing, Manufacturing, etc.) and participate in collaborative meetings between Asian and USA teams
- Perform root cause analysis, assist in identification of corrective actions
- Update project tracking documents and provide progress reports to management
- Conduct research for continual improvements and testing methods per Warranty/Market as well as incorporating feedback from product marketing
What does it take to be a successful Sr Test Engineer at Victory Innovations?
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Systems Engineering or related field or commensurate experience required
- 8+ years of relevant Lab Testing and Engineering experience in consumer or commercial product field (power tools, small appliances, automotive, med devices)
- Prior work experience with high-volume manufacturing and assembly, preferably in Asia and/or Mexico a plus
- Self-motivated and self-directed with strong time management skills
- Agile and highly flexible to support a demanding industry with ability to handle multiple projects
- Data-driven with excellent problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented, organized and disciplined with files and data management
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with ability to build relationships with cross-functional teams and global partners
- Proactive self-starter that takes initiative with ability to work independently
- Must be personable with excellent communication and listening skills
- Strong sense of personal accountability, responsibility, and ownership
- Capable of working efficiently and savvy with technology, including MS Office and PDM/PLM software
- Assembly fixture, mold and tool design experience is highly desirable
- Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge of common high-volume products such as power tools, appliances, or industrial equipment is a plus
- Experience in setting up equipment and/or full lab operations with acquisition and establishment of operations a plus