Engineering Intern – Test Lab
Victory Innovations Co.
Why join the New Product Development Engineering team at Victory Innovations as an Intern?
Demand for our products — the world’s first professional cordless electrostatic sprayers — has never been higher. We are proud to be a thriving essential business.
We recently opened a new office location in San Diego and recruiting a full-time summer intern to support our Sr. Test Engineer with performing tests in our onsite test lab. Current active students in junior or senior level standing pursuing a degree in Engineering, Physics, and/or Materials Science are encouraged to apply.
What can you expect to learn as a Test Lab Intern?
As a Test Lab Intern, you will be primarily responsible for performance and validation testing on products and components. You will participate on cross functional new product development teams & work closely with other engineers while utilizing your strong engineering skills. This role will also include miscellaneous task in a lab and product development team, like setup of equipment, prototype testing and lab maintenance.
A successful Test Lab Intern will possess the following behaviors:
- Strong ownership characteristics and commitment to achieving results on time
- Be a demonstrated “team player” that builds effective relationships
- Creative problem-solver, self-motivated, and takes initiative
- Strong communicator that focuses on quality and details
- Be willing to be “wrong” at times and be open to the ideas of others
Responsibilities and Work Environment
Under supervision of experienced Engineers, the Test Lab Intern will have opportunities to work with cross-functional multidiscipline teams to participate and effectively perform the essential functions and typical tasks in a testing/laboratory environment:
- Creation of engineering test set-up.
- Part assembly and functional testing.
- Prototyping and lab testing.
- Responsibilities include periodic interaction with product technical support and special support projects.
- Work may include onsite technical support involving heavy lifting of equipment & modules.
- While performing the duties of this internship, the Lab Intern is routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, stretch, and move around the labs; occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- All team members must comply with COVID-19 safety protocols while working onsite in the lab and office.
Knowledge, Skills + Abilities
- Junior or senior level student pursuing a BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Physics or Material Sciences degree required.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical design.
- Electro-mechanical, automation or robotics experience a plus.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com